The Publish for Impact tool helps you identify quality journals in your subject area to support strategic publishing decisions.
- lists over 25,000 journal titles from ERA, Web of Science and Scopus
- search by Title, Field of Research and other options to create a shortlist of journals matching your criteria
acceptance rate and review time are included for your shortlist titles to help you choose the journal that best suits your publishing purpose
- Publish for Impact is ideal for Early Career Researchers and HDRs starting their publishing journey. By focusing on quality sources, researchers can easily identify credible journals and avoid the pitfalls of predatory publishing
Factors to consider when choosing a journal:
- Is the journal indexed in key discipline databases, or a citation database such as Web of Science or Scopus?
- Is the journal included in the current ERA journal list?
- Is the journal relevant to your work?
- Impact factor, journal ranking lists or other discipline specific metrics can further determine the most strategic journal
- Is the journal discoverable?
- Use the Think Check Submit checklist to assess if a journal is trusted or not