Last Updated: Aug 29, 2013
A discovery tool focused on Australia and Australians. It provides access to a significant range of resources such as books, pictures, maps, newspapers, music, people. Produced by the National Library of Australia
- State Library of New South Wales
- National Library of Australia
The National Library of Australia provides access to library selected eresources. Many of the free databases can be searched from home. To acess them, you must apply for a library card
Free online version on the ERIC database. Contains documents and journal articles on education research and practice.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics
Australian Bureau of Statistics provides statistical information including reports and census data. Fulltext. 1998 +
- Abyz News Links
A directory of newspapers and news sites from around the world, ordered by country.
- BioMed Central
Literature in the areas of biological and medical sciences in over 200 open access journals. International. Dates vary.
Searches scientific journal content but also scientist homepages, courses, pre-print material, patents and institutional repositories.
- Life Magazine 1935 - 1970
(via Google Books) LIFE Magazine is the treasured photographic magazine that chronicled the 20th Century. Free access to share, print and post images for personal use.
- Google Books
Search and preview millions of books from libraries and publishers worldwide using Google Book Search
Making your search results better:
- Sign up for a free account here
- Go to the Libraries tab in your account
- Search for the libraries you're a member of (eg. State Library NSW, or Wollongong)
- This means that the databases that these libraries pay for you to be able to access will be searched and included in results.