Need more help?
- Ask at the Research Help desk
- Ask a Librarian online
- Ask a rover (roving staff in green shirts)
Welcome and Contents
Work through tabs 1-8 the first time you visit this guide, and remember to revisit any part, any time to get access to resources and search tips.
Short clips 'Show me's' have also been included which demonstrate how to search a number of Library resources. Click on and view these each time you see
Please note a number of links redirect you to sections in the Library's StartSmart: essential academic information skills online tutorial. It is recommended that you also complete StartSmart for a general introduction to accessing resources, but it is not compulsory for postgraduates to complete the quiz and submit answers (unless you wish to use it as a 'self-quiz').
2. About reading lists: finding essential and recommended background readings
3. Finding journal articles: key OHS journal titles and access to free journal articles via databases
4. Finding books and more: direct access to some key books and reference material
5. Finding Standards: access Standards to support assignments and inform your practice
6. Finding law/case law: a guide to finding OHS legal material, created by the Law Faculty Librarian
7. Useful websites: direct links and internet searching tips
8. Referencing and citing: 'author-date' style referencing guide
Plus Ask us for additional help.