What are Subject Readings?
The Library’s Subject Readings Service provides online access to all essential readings related to a course. This includes eReadings, books in the Short Loans collection, past exams, chapters and articles. All resources for a course are listed in the one place, and are copyright compliant.
Subject Readings provide:
- Direct links to eBooks, eReadings (articles, book chapters) and exam papers
- Direct links to websites
- Direct links to catalogue records for print items held in Short Loans
Subject Reading submission enquiries
Subject Reading enquiries: ext. 3331 or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you need help Selecting resources for your subjects please contact your Academic Outreach Librarian
How do I submit?
Submit a new request:
Submit your Subject Readings via the online submission form
When submitting your Subject Readings request include:
- A list of the items you require with full bibliographic citation details, or provide your Subject Outline
- Any special instruction
For Short Loans requests, also include:
- call number
- edition (if applicable)
- other campus locations required (eg: 1x Shoalhaven, 1x Moss Vale)
- Note that each subject is limited to 20 Short Loans
Items will be available for the start of session if:
- Your request is received 3 weeks before the start of session commencement
- Texts are held by the Library
- Items on loan are returned on time
We can display your Subject Readings by weeks and/or essential or recommended readings. If you would like your Subject Readings organised in this way please specify these requirements in your submission request.
View your current Subject Readings Submission:
If you need to review your submission click on View your current Subject Reading submissions located in the Library Subject Reading Links on your EQUELLA dashboard
Do I have to resubmit the same list every year?
If your subject runs in the same session next year, your previous Subject Readings will automatically be made available one month before session starts.
To review previous Subject Reading lists click on Search for archived submission request located in the Library Subject Reading Links on your EQUELLA dashboard